Sunday 15 April 2018

Blog Absence...where the hell have I been?





I wish I could say I have been held up on a desert (cos I’m writing this on my phone I love how the emojis put in an ice cream or cactus to help with spelling of desert proving I must have spelt it wrong in first place to know about the ice cream! Lol) island swamped in sunshine and dipping my toes in crystal clear waters
but...... nope! As much as this is the life I would love it is not the life I live. This year (academic) has been a difficult one as my job role as a teacher and has often I dread to say has put strain on my job role as mummy and wife. I do always strive to have balance but I’m only human and sometimes it trickles (or gushes dramatically) over the edges.

Work commitments have changed so much due to having changed sites and management and I’m not one of those whose doesn’t like change but when it’s launched at you non stop it can be hard to deal with. Not only have I changed sites completely (huge impact mentally and emotionally) but I have moved office 3 times since August! My job role also includes managing a department which then comes with all the fabulous (said through gritted teeth and snarls) paperwork attached. So I have more responsibility and even less time to do my teaching prep and paperwork. This is when it starts to trickle as I am known for taking marking home as well as other bits of work just to get it done (the teacher role and not enough time to do it should go here but pah #ongoing). I don’t want to be that mum who turns down a game of battleships because I’ve got work to do, so I don’t. The fun and memory making will always come first and I’ve developed the mentality of the work is just a job. Granted a job I am very grateful for and always will be but if my inbox is still full at the end of a day, does it really matter?

Last year I also started my own little business but this was more of a creative outlet as it involves all things creative and gives me a positive focus. Since September it has taken a back seat due to my work commitments although I’ve kept my hand in a couple of creative aspects of it. One of these includes photography which is great when I can get the ninja to model for me. She is such a natural but at the same
time a massive drama queen so I will only get the poses she wants to give...snap smile...snap tongue out...snap peace sign...Snapchat filter!!!!! God Sake kid!

The last reason that comes to mind as to why I’ve been absent from the blog life is pure hibernation. Yep ‘winter is coming’ so ima gunna be going!!!! Summing up the winter months is easy, I HATE COLD!!! I love onsies, blankets, big socks, fluffy scarves etc but I love the sun the most. Living with fibromyalgia in a country which rarely sees the sun in a year has its challenges (details for another blog). So it can be difficult to get motivated to do the creative stuff. I still have to do the mummy stuff and work stuff through the winter months so my stuff, the stuff that can actually help keep me positive gets put on hold (sad times). Winter wears me the frig out!!!

So skimming the gory stuff that’s pretty much it in a nutshell. Life can be busy and this can take us through hours, days and months before realising it has passed us by. Work hard but play harder and always make time for battleships.


Thank you for reading lovelies xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment