Thursday 5 April 2018

Easter School Holidays



Image result for easter 2018
It’s Easter 2018 and I’m back!





Well hello my lovelies it has been an absolute lifetime since my last blog and I think I’ll save why for the next post. But for now I thought I’d fill you in on what this Easter holiday has brought me and my lil family. I tend to take the whole two weeks of Easter off from work (which means I don’t have to pay for extra childcare! Yey!) so I can spend time with the ninja doing fun things (when she is not being a royal pain in the arse) and making memories. I tend to use this saying quite a bit this ‘making memories’ as I have always strived to be the kind of mum that my mum was when I was young. Doing the simplest of things to entertain and build a bank of memories that the ninja can take into adulthood (if she gets there) and hopefully carryon the traditions.

We started the holidays just being us spending time doing our own thing (for me it was marking which comes with the teacher territory booooo) and for the ninja this would be playing on the Xbox, dressing up as Harry Potter at every opportunity and generally playing with the things she doesn’t get time to do during school term. We had a couple of afternoon teas with friends but instead of paying 30 quid for a couple of sarnies and a butterfly bun we chose to create our own....ta da! (See our beautiful creations on my princess cake stand which the ninja was not happy about lol) Cheaper, tastier and in the comfort of my own home, winner!

We also had a day of fun with my friend and her son doing the Easter crafting such egg painting where I proudly sported my greatest showman efforts on my insta page, proud proud proud. I get so involved with this I’m always the one to finish last and when ninja asks for help I’m like ‘errrr hang on I’m just sticking on these sequins’ 20 mins later she’s moved onto just attacking her egg with paint and glitter and I go ‘or wow babe yeah that looks great’ if unicorns laid eggs!!! So once finished I sit admiring my efforts and my friend says to kids ‘right shall we go egg rolling now?’ Wait what the... egg rolling! Kids have already agreed in excitement and everyone nows, once you’ve said something out loud to kids you can’t take it back without having a screaming match!

So I’m sat looking at my amazing egg design and I tentatively agree to go egg rolling when in my head I’m actually thinking hell no, this eggs too good to roll! But in the end what once was a greatly decorated egg became scrambled bird fodder within a matter of seconds, (insert sad face emoji here).

We also took in some theatre this holiday with me and the ninja seeing Shrek the musical for the second time as we love it. Especially the song that involve farts and burps! 


Can never have enough toilet humour. Pffffft!!! Lol the other trip was to see an Easter panto of Alice in Wonderland with Ashleigh and Sully at our local theatre and me not being massive fan of panto (it’s the jokes, argggg cringe!) I actually enjoyed it and got into the spirit by joining in even more than the ninja which resulted in m`e getting a massive dose of the roll-y eye syndrome LOL.

Easter morning for us still consists of egg hunts created by the fluffy eared hopper himself! And when eggs ‘go missing’ (due to me not remembering where the chuff I’ve hidden them) and dad ‘finds’ them miraculously we get asked ‘how does dad know where to look?’ Er er er.... I reply ‘maybe dad just knows where the hiding places are’ (eh? What? What a loada crap and the award for worlds worst lying mum goes to...).










It’s still pretty awesome seeing her face when she finds them, then says ‘do you think that’s it’ after finding only a few treats. I bloody love that girl and the gratitude she shows.

We’ve made lots of memories over this Easter holiday and loved all my time spent with my little family. I hope you’ve had great fun and found time for yourself too. Love your family, love your life, love yourself.

Thanks for reading my lovelies

Sending hugs xxxx

 





No comments:

Post a Comment